Sunday, April 3, 2011

Quiche Aux Fruits De Mer -Shrimp Quiche (or Lobster or Crab for that Matter ;))


A "nice light supper" is what I thought. 1/2 stick of butter and a pint of heavy whipping cream later? We have Julia's Shrimp Quiche! Sounds light enough right? LOL!


The only thing I can think of to describe this is "my seafood chowder in a pie". Of course you'd have had to have tasted my seafood chowder to appreciate that.


Sinfully rich and full of shrimp yumminess. My crust got a little darker than I would have liked before the filling set and it's not quite as pretty as some that I've seen photographed... There's only a half pan left for someone going back for seconds and thirds. :)


Success! :)


1 comment:

  1. MMMmmmm...looks delish, Rach! And I don't think the crust looks too dark at all. I'm a crust girl (Dave is not, so that always works out for us - we each get what we like best!) so to me it looks just perfect!

    Another successful Sunday! Hats off to the chef!

    ReplyDelete